Mission, Vision, & Values
Loop Church is a welcoming, thoughtful, socially engaged gathering of Christ followers who worship in the heart of the city of Chicago.
writing mission statements is easy -- what really matters is living them out. These statements express our heart and common understanding of what we're trying to become:
our mission - As followers of Jesus Christ we bless our neighbors in Chicago and beyond by welcoming the presence and love of God into our lives such that it overflows to those around us. This happens as we gather together to worship, live out our community values, and engage in acts of love and service in the city.
our values - Loop Church seeks to follow Christ by seeking to be:
- Authentic – come to church as you are, come vulnerable, come ready to be changed
- Interactive – bring to church your whole being, worship with your mind, body, and spirit, participate as you are willing and able
- Socially-Engaged – go out into the world to love and serve the ‘least of these,’ feed the hungry, liberate the oppressed, and usher in God’s kingdom
our missional communities - Loop Church seeks to love God, love our neighbors, and love the earth by gathering together in missional communities that meet monthly to learn, share, grow, and act.
- Welcoming the Stranger Missional Community
- Anti-Racism Missional Community
- Environmental Stewardship Missional Community
our worship - We gather together at 10 AM as a worshiping community on the twelfth floor of an office building in the Loop. We worship God together in our small “sanctuary in the sky” through singing songs of praise, confessing our sins, lamenting injustice, and celebrating God’s faithfulness. We are nourished by God’s Word, Jesus Christ, through sermon and sacrament.
our denomination - Loop Church is rooted in the Reformed tradition and is a ministry of the Christian Reformed Church (CRC) in North America (www.crcna.org). More information about the beliefs, history, and views of the CRC can be found on the denomination's website.